* Enhance your knowledge and understanding in cargo acceptance and handling procedures * Gain proficiency to extend useful advice to clients in Import / export rules and regulations. * Make appropriate arrangements and reservations for cargo shipments. * Acquire the skills and tools to apply the right cargo rates * Identify cargo qualifying for specific commodity and class rates * Learn how to correctly issue air way bills in accordance with the applicable IATA rules and procedures. * Acquire skills in Special Cargo acceptance and handling * Familiarize in ULD's and aircraft structural limitations.
* Industry regulations * The Air Cargo Agency * World Geography * Use of guides * Air Cargo acceptance * Cargo booking procedures * Cargo automation * Air cargo rates and charges * Shippers letter of Instruction (SLI) * Air way bill * Aircraft Handling facilities * Type of Aircrafts * Aircraft structural limitations * Door dimensions * Special cargo acceptance and handling procedures * Perishable cargo * Introduction to ULD
* Learn to quote published rates and charges for cargo shipments. * Apply advanced construction and combination principles for unpublished rates * Qualify to calculate the appropriate rates and charges for mixed consignments and unit load devices (ULDs)
* Review of basic cargo rating principles * Currency Regulations * Construction rates (add-on-amounts) * Combinations of Rates and Charges * Mixed consignments * Unit Load Devices
Understand your role in the overall aviation protective network * Identify possible aviation targets as part of a security risk assessments * Implement and enforce aviation security in your work areas * Gain knowledge of the importance of human factors in achieving security * Gain knowledge that will be a real benefit to you and to prospective employers
* Threats to aviation, regulating aviation security * Role of international organizations * Managing Access Control - people & vehicles * Passenger, baggage, cargo, mail and catering security * Airport and in-flight security measures - response to threats.
* Review methods and techniques to better manage time and temperature sensitive cargos * Explore the latest industry trends and types of perishable commodities * Minimize cargo losses * Global government controls * Identify new market opportunities * Study of transport standards and documentation *
* Shipper / Carrier Responsibilities * Special Conditions * Contractual considerations* Food safety * Government Regulatory Agencies * Carrier regulations * Types of Perishables* Market Trends * Perishables classification * Incompatible Loads and Segregation * Air Shipment Requirements * Package Categories * Documentation and Labeling * Air Waybill * SHC * NOTAC * WHO Documentation and Labeling for Vaccines * Acceptance & Control * Hazard Analysis * Load Acceptance * Abnormal Loads * Traceability and Tracking * Radio Frequency Identification * Perishable handling procedures * ULD Operations * Environmental effects on Perishables * Cold Room & Freezers * Pre-Cooling * Treatment Rooms * Reconditioning Room * Quality Control * Sanitation* Claims* Live Plant Specimens * CITES * Flowers * Logistics * Airline communication and messages *