* Understand the important role of the travel and tourism industry in achieving optimum levels of technology and professionalism * Become familiar with industry codes * Regulations * World Geography * Visa Regulations * Air fares * Ticketing * Tour programs * Answer customer queries * Quote rates and supplements * Explain travel conditions * Make appropriate travel arrangements and reservations * Calculate and quote appropriate air fares * Book tour products * Complete international travel formalities in accordance with the applicable IATA rules and procedures.
* Environment - The Business Environment of the Travel and Tourism Industry * Industry Country Codes
* Airport / City codes * Airline codes * Airline prefix * Geography in Travel Planning 1 * Travel Formalities * Visa Regulations * Products * Land Transport - Rail 1 * Land Transport - Car * Camper * Hotels
*Water Transport - Ferry * Tour Packages 1 * Air Transport Essentials * EBT * Support Services * Customer Service * Technology in the Travel Industry 1 * Air Fares & Ticketing 1.
* Understand more complex operations and use a consultative approach to selling travel and tourism * Handle all major aspects of the travel agency business * Learn effective selling skills *Give accurate advise to clients on major tourist destinations * Produce and sell customized international inclusive tours * Incentive and conference travel arrangements * Construct complex fares and routings * Apply advance IATA fare construction principles * Issue and re-issue tickets * Documents for all types of international journeys * Understand the Billing and Settlement System (BSP)
*Environment - Geography in Travel Planning 2 * Product * Land Transport - Rail 2 * Bus * Coach * Accommodation (other than hotels) * Cruises * Tour Products * Support Services * Law and Regulations 1 * Selling Skills * Air Fares and Ticketing 2
* Prepares you for the challenges of an upper management role and assists you in acquiring competitive advantage for your business * Develop a strategic marketing – oriented culture in your travel business * Understand how laws and regulations impact your business * Determine what type of information technology to apply in your travel business * Manage and motivate staff who are in direct contact with customers * Produce a financially solid business plan to ensure your travel business as the direction it requires to succeed * Budget and control costs * Manage your staff effectively
* Travel and Tourism industry managers - individual entrepreneurs * Support Services - Marketing - Law and Regulations 2, Technology in the Travel Industry 3 * Strategy and Management * Management Skills 2 * Finance and Business Planning.